Fall is here! And with that comes a bunch of fun, fall inspired things that are happening around town. You can go to pumpkin patches, haunted houses, carnivals, apple picking…the list goes on and on. In case you’re feeling a little overwhelmed with all the different things you could be doing this season, we came up with five different fall inspired things you can do around Plano!
1. After Dark in the Park
- When: 10/06 to 10/08 from 5pm to 9pm
- Where: River Legacy Park
- Cost: $8 per person (children under 2 get in free)
- What: Kids from ages 2 and up can take part in this family friendly fall festival that is all about environmental education! This festival features: storytelling under the stars, karaoke, a pumpkin patch, hayrides and more! There’s plenty of fun and games for kids, along with some delicious seasonal treats!
2. Big Pumpkin Halloween
- When: 10/26 to 10/31 at a variety of times
- Where: Across different libraries
- What: These events are sure to get you in the Halloween spirit. Come dressed up as your favorite character and watch the Big Pumpkin puppet show, hear Halloween stories, and trick-or-treat throughout the library!
3. Dark Hour Halloween
- When: Now until October 31st at 7pm
- Where: 701 Taylor Drive
- Cost: $15 to $25
- What: Looking for a haunted house experience? Well look no further than Dark Hour Halloween. As you explore the grounds of the haunted Coven Manor, various witches rise up to scare you with nightmares so terrible, you’ll want to leave the Manor immediately. But can you even make it out?
4. Plano Steinfest 2017
- When: 10/20 from 5pm to 7pm
- Where: Downtown Plano Arts District
- What: Described as “an Oktoberfest-style event hosted by the Historic Downtown Plano Association that celebrates outstanding beer, great food and the right kind of polka music to get you and your friends dancing in the street.” this event is a bound to be loads of fun!
5. Haunt Jaunt 5k and Fun Run
- When: 10/21 at 6pm
- Where: Amphitheater at Oak Point Park
- Cost: $10 to $35
- What: A night time Halloween themed race, the Haunt Jaunt is a great and fun way to run! The race will take you through a nature preserve and the streets of Plano to give you an experience that’s much more than just a 5K. Plus, if your kiddos want to run, there’s a 1-Mile Fun Run for them to enjoy a run around the park!
Mark your calendars with what fall events you want to do this season!